Wednesday, May 15, 2013

AWN: ParaNorman Reblog


Exciting news!
I recently had the opportunity to write for the Animation World Network. In the article, ParaNorman’s Mitch: The First Family-Friendly Gay Animated Character, I look at the changes that have taken place in American animated theatrical releases in the past twenty years to allow for the first out animated character. This has been a wonderful experience, and I’m so thankful for all the feedback I received from Dan Sarto while writing. The article was just published today : ) 
Check it out HERE.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ashley,

    just finished reading your article on Mitch from ParaNorman and how LGBTQ characters are portrayed in animated movies.

    Your article was quite good - very well written and brought up many topics I had wondered about in film.

    Hope to see more of your work in AWN in the future.

    ReplyDelete