Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Insta Toon (or Virus Roulette)

I’ve seen ads for “turn yourself into a cartoon” sites before. Normally there something like this:


The styles vary but they look artsy illustrator, not the kind of image some computer program would just whip up from a photograph.

Today I saw this ad:

What? What is that? I’m not sure if it’s more accurate to how an insta cartoon program would work, or if they are just paying less to the freelance artists who make their advertisements.

I clicked on it to see how there website worked. It wants you to download a "program." I was getting major virus vibes, plus the only way I've seen someone turn a photo of themselves into a really sweet looking cartoon was with, you know, real art.

Edit:
I did some more research about this program (ie I went to their facebook page). This was my favorite review someone had given them:

"It's infected with viruses! It works, but you get a whole load of shit for it too!"

1 comment:

  1. Good advice.
    I started it once and got freaked out by the questions they were asking; so I stopped the download and ran the virus checker... There were cookies and tracking threats to clean up. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete